Ponder this.
"Is today a bad day or just a less happy day?" --My baby brother.
Good question huh? Sometimes we might feel less happy and misunderstand that to mean that we're not having a good day. Every day is going to be different. We can live off of our happy high days all day every day, forever and ever. But that doesn't mean it’s a bad day. It just means it’s another day.
Bad DAYS are actually pretty rare, and bad LIVES are even more rare. I see them more as bad moments. We may have a bad moment or a few bad moments in a day, but does that mean the entire day is bad? No. Look for any and all positives in that day. Trust me, there's always something, no matter how "small" it may seem.
Of course, there are cases when people really do have bad days for several days, and I'm not pointing towards them. I'm not saying what you're feeling isn't real. Your case could be different than mine. If you're really in a bad spot, I'm not here to rub it in your face or make you feel worse. I can recognize that badness exists out there. I'm sorry if what I say makes you feel isolated, don't. You're not alone. We never are even when we think we are. I've been there.
But for me, at least, I'm trying to stop overreacting to bad things that happen. I'm trying to change my perspective. Even if it takes the advice of an 11 year old.
The day is not ruined. You can still turn it around.
:)

Comments
Post a Comment