Life: puzzles and games


I've always considered my life as several puzzle pieces, aiming towards putting together this ginormous picture one day, and when that picture is complete... life itself will be over even if I'm alive, you know what I mean? Fortunately, I don’t think that will ever happen. Life is a never-ending puzzle. We’re constantly putting pieces together. And it’s not like these pieces aren't malleable (or is that only applicable to metals?); the pieces can grow. Or rather they layer up and create a larger and larger picture. Actually, it’s the framing that changes. My perspective and my view. There's this huge image, but I can only see so much of it. And lately (for the past two years or so) it seems that every so often my frame enlarges to allow more of the image to be seen. And it always opens my eyes up a little more, and I always feel a little more secure and snug. Like I just plugged in another piece of the puzzle. And it’s the perfect fit.

It might even be compared to that of the levels of a video game. Life as a game.... you can't unlock the next level of awesomeness (and evil, and chaos, and new bosses and challenges to defeat, but better rewards!) Without first completing the previous level. There's no cheat code for life though. None of that awesome Age of Empire stuff. (What was that code again for that awesome blue car with the white stripe that just annihilates everything in its path?). Nah, none of that in life. But maybe life is the best video game of all.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a whatever I am

Hello, again!

Finding strength within you