Get your happy on


Live positively, not hiding in the darkness

It’s scary looking at things hopefully, afraid of the crash when they don’t work out the way you planned.
I’ve lived my entire life constantly looking for reasons to not be excited, and not look forward to things. My depression makes this really easy and probably feeds it’s and prolongs the depression. I always thought I was being a realist, and not just a pessimist. But there’s a fine line, and I was crossing it.
I didn’t want to be excited for things for fear of what would happen if they didn’t work out. I didn’t want to raise my hopes and then have them crashing down. What’s wrong with this is that I wasn’t leaving any room for positive thinking at all. I was so scared of falling, I wasn’t letting myself rise up and even be happy.

Yes, it’s possible to be so used to not being happy that when happy things happen, you’re almost scared of this unfamiliar feeling. It’s as if you don’t even know what to do with it. Here’s what I’m learning to do with it: just let it flow.

Let it take you over. Let yourself be happy. It’s okay. It’s okay. It’s okay.



We can allow ourselves to feel. We’re human; we’re supposed to feel all these things we do. Be it happiness or sadness, or whatever. Feelings are so fleeting; they just come and go as they please. So why not enjoy it for the rare moment it’s there?

Even a negative emotion can and should be felt. You can take good things out of bad moments. You can make it into a learning opportunity. Actually, it’s usually harder to avoid feeling negative emotions- they always come on stronger, and linger, and resist going away. Doesn’t it always seem like happiness runs away and the sadness is there to stay? If not, then GOOD! Maybe it’s just me. But there are 7 billion people out there, so I doubt it’s just me. And I doubt it’s just you. We’re not alone.

My point it, when you’re happy don’t question it, just feel it take you over and live it. Love it. Happiness is a wonderful thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a whatever I am

Hello, again!

Finding strength within you